Maintaining a healthy digestive system is critical to your overall physical and mental health. Most people are unaware that 70% of the cells that make up the body’s immune system are located in the gut. When functioning properly, your digestive system absorbs and assimilates vitamins, minerals, and nutrients and protects the body against pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and parasites.
Poor food choices, chronic stress, and overuse of certain medications (i.e., antibiotics and NSAIDs) can negatively affect your digestive tract, causing a range of symptoms and conditions, such as:
- Food allergies and sensitivities, including Celiac disease and gluten sensitivity;
- Bloating, gas, heartburn, and acid reflux;
- Parasites and Candida (yeast) overgrowth;
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (i.e., “bad bacteria”)
- Intestinal permeability and Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Chronic sinus infections;
- Joint aches;
- Brain fog;
- Unexplained rashes; and
- Chronic fatigue
Nicole will provide you with a customized nutritional and lifestyle plan designed to repair your digestive tract and help you maintain healthy digestion and immunity. The plan is designed to reduce inflammation, heal your small intestinal lining, and ensure maximum absorption and assimilation of nutrients.